Sunday, September 12, 2010

something to start with...

Let me take you through the last few days of my life...

Wednesday: I had surgery to fix an injury that I got on October 6, 2009 after a friend stepped on my foot. Yup, you read me right, I got stepped on. 

And that's not even the worst of it. After I got stepped on, I was put into a walking boot for 5 weeks. I got out of that for a month before my foot began hurting again. I went back to the doctor and told him, "Look, I am going hiking in Israel in 3 months, what do we need to do for my foot to be healed by then?" He responded by saying, "I'm giving you a shot of cortisone and putting you in a cast for 5 weeks."

"I'm sorry, like a cast cast?" So then I was put in a cast for 5 weeks to give my foot some rest. Rest that involved climbing up a mountain in the snow. Now thats my kind of rest. 

After I was cut out of that beautiful blue cast, I wasn't allowed to run for 6 weeks. That stinks especially for me because I run a lot. Take that however you will. 

With the help of 22 of my closest and dearest friends, I didn't run and was given a clear bill of foot health two weeks before I went hiking in Israel. Praise the Lord for His healing.

Israel was great and there was no pain. 

I work at a Christian camp in Tyler, TX called Pine Cove. I jump a lot there. I run a lot there in crocs. Not the best shoes for running and jumping. Camp was rough on my foot to say the least. 

My foot got rolled over by a rocking chair during week 2 of a 13 week summer. Come week 8, there is a constant pain again. 

I went back to the doctor after camp, and he said that a surgery is going to be the only way to fix it for good. That takes us to Wednesday 2:30pm--surgery with Dr. Early. 

Thursday-Sunday: Recovery from the surgery. Which means lots of sitting, thinking, TV, reading, and yummy snacks. Which when you think about it is a bad idea, I mean you can't really work out with your foot in cast and yet people give you such great fattening snacks to eat when all you can do it lay there. Something doesn't add up, yet I still do enjoy eating them...

Yes, all of this brings you to the last few days of my life. In my sitting and thinking recovery, I have decided to start a blog. A friend's mother told me that she would read it if I had one, so here you go.

I don't know what this blog will hold but I hope that it will give you insight into the wonderful life the Lord has blessed me with as well as the things He gives me within it. 



Yeah, I just wanted to put a picture here...I'm still figuring this whole blogging thing out. 

4 comments:

  1. You can count me in as your second reader, Melanie! I already subscribed in my Google reader. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you have my axe... I mean, I'm following you in Google Reader too. Also, cool picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Bryce, the LOTR reference made me laugh.

    Oh and Mell I'll read it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll probably be your oldest reader..oh wait...your Dad will be your oldest reader!!!

    I enjoyed your insight. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful niece.

    Oh and didn't anyone tell you that food during recovery has no calories or fat..Silly girl

    I'm not smart enough to choose a profile so we'll see what happens to this note. I hope your friends don't know how computer unsmart I am.. Love ya xxoo Aunt Sandi

    ReplyDelete